Friday, November 28, 2014

Thanksgiving in Paris

Living in Paris, Thanksgiving is a bit challenging for me because I am far away from the ones I love. As much as I can, I celebrate it here in a more intimate setting, meaning me and my other half.


Thanksgiving is a holiday full of tradition and rituals like few. The idea of having a day to give thanks sounds weird since I give thanks everyday.

Holiday means ''to honor what is holy''. In our American tradition, the day commemorates the time when Pilgrims and Native Americans shared the fruits of harvest. Those Pilgrims had enough to thank them for!
Today we still come together to celebrate all the things we have, being material, nourishing, etc... In that spirit of being thankful, I share with you some links to several recipes I found delicious and great to share anytime. Most of them are not the typical plates to enjoy for Thanksgiving. I have also included an article written by an old friend, in which you will find the plates we eat in Puerto Rico when we celebrate this day.

 Pumpkin Ravioli

 Cranberry sauce recipe with candied oranges

 Sweet Potato feast 

Pretzel house rolls

Apple cider cocktail

 The good old pumpkin pie

 Thanksgiving plates in Puerto Rico