Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Doors in life

Life is a competition for anything. Getting the job, getting a guy/girl, getting the apartment that you want, getting approved by the adoption agency, getting the item on sale, getting your book published, getting the role... Whoever thinks otherwise is denying the reality of life or has simply given up on it.
Ever since I entered the workforce, throughout the process, I've had to send hundreds of resumes, attend interviews, compete to get noticed, etc. For a while now I have been looking for something new. Since I moved to France I've been lucky to have a job and work in a good environment. I have developed many new skills and built some networks yet I can see its limitations. I have been looking for doors to knock on and there are times, like today I feel I may not find one any time soon. I need a pick me up.
 It is not easy for me to go knocking on doors in France since I feel more at ease speaking English or Spanish. Still I don't let this ever stop me yet it holds me back. I am a working process.

Whatever goals we want to accomplish, how does one find these doors? I'm not sitting around waiting for them. How much longer? I wonder if I have just missed them. And if I did, I want to find more. When one's will is a bit low, how do you keep going and not loose faith? There will always be someone or something to blame, no doubt. What's essential is to keep going and continue strong.

I have heard one needs three things to find bliss : Potential, passion and dedication.

For the time being, I will continue focused and be mindful that days like these will pass and tomorrow I get a new start to work on whatever needs to improve.

'' The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential... these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence.'' - Confucious